Canary Hill Hazaribagh: Hazaribag is a beautiful place with a variety of lakes, rivers, mountains, waterfalls, forests and wild life sanctuaries etc. Canary Hill commonly known as Kanhari Pahad by the local people. Cananry Hill is a mountain surrounding with lakes and dense forests which gives lush greenish view. It is just approximate 3 kilo meters away from the main town Hazaribag.
It is located in Hazaribag, Jharkhand, India. On the top of the mountain there is a post office and guest house available. In all over Jharkhand there are lots of mountains but the Canary Hill is famous one of them. It a beautiful picnic spot and can be visited any day in the year. It is above around 2019 feet from the sea level. For reaching the top of the mountain, there are approximate 600 staircases are available.
Hazaribag word derived from its name as Hazar means thousand and Bagh means garden, so it means the place of thousand gardens, so how it comes a Hazaribag is a wonderful place on its own. Many films like Bengali, Bhojpuri and Hindi shooted there. One of the famous one Grahan shootes there in the year 1972, which are directed by Subhas Ghai.
Things to do in Canary Hill
- There is an observatory centre at the top of the hill; it such gives breathtaking view around the nature.
- From the observatory centre can click awesome and unforgettable pictures.
- Can enjoy with family, friends as a picnic spot.
- There is a guest house available around the canary hill; anyone can stay over there in a weekend.
- Anything edible foods can be carried there without any restrictions.
How to Reach Canary Hill
- By Airways: – The nearest airport is Birsa Munda Airport which is available in the capital of Jharkhand that is Ranchi. It is just 90 kilometers away from the main town Hazaribag. The airport well connected from many major cities like Bengaluru, Mumbai, Patna, Delhi, Kolkata and Hyderabad etc.
- By Railways: – Nearest railway station is Hazaribagh Town, it is just approximate 20 kilometers away from it. Hazaribagh Town well connected to major railway lines but another nearest railway station is Koderma Junction and Barkakana Junction.
- By Roadways: – Hazaribag a well developed city in Jharkhand after Jamshedpur and Ranchi. So there roadways also linked with major states.
Entry Ticket and Entry Time
The place is completely amazing for its lake and dense forest surrounds. Entrance is free as there are no any charges applicable for entry or parking. Can visit that place in the morning 5.00 AM till in the evening 6.30 PM. Night stay not a good option as it surrounded with dense forest, may be any danger animal appeared in the dark. Best time to visit this place is a winter.
Best Time to Visit Canary Hill
Hazaribag is the place where anyone can feels like a heaven on the earth. The town’s climate is always cool, pleasant and full of neat and clean air. Summer arrived here from April to July; the maximum temperature in the summer season is around 35°C.
The winter season arrived there in the month of August and end in the month of March. The highest temperature in the winter is 22°C. Monsoon or rainy season arrived there any time in the year depends on the climatic condition.
It well known picnic spot for those who got tired to live as long in the metro cities. Please keep it in mind never visit Canary Hill alone, always be in a group. The place is just approximate 5 kilo meters away from the main city of Hazaribag. Anyone can stay in the city as there are a lot of hotels and lodges available in an affordable price.
Top Best Places Nearest to Canary Hill
There is a list of top most incredible place to visit in Hazaribag.
- Swarn Jayanti Park, Cafeteria
- Shahid Nirmal Mahto Park
- Hazaribag Lake
- Konar Dam
- Chaddwa Dam
- Tilaiya Dam
- Harihar Dham
- Patratu Valley
It is one of the most visited and popular tourist attractions of Hazaribag town. The hill gives mesmerizing view of nature from the top in the evening time. You’ll have to step out approximate 600 stairs to reach at the top of the mountain. It is one of the best places for adventure lovers and photographers.