Statue of Liberty is a national monument located on Liberty Island in Upper New York Bay, off the coast of New York City, United States. This wonderful monument was architect by Richard Morris Hunt and completed in 28th of October 1886.
The Statue having a height of 93 meters (305 foot). It is a sign of freedom which enlightening the world towards democracy and freedom as it was declared a National monument in 1924. It represent a holding torch in a woman in a right hand and a tablet having a declaration date of Independence 4th of July 1776 in her left hand.
The Statue of Liberty is one of the famous landmarks of New York City as it is also famous in worldwide. It gave superb message of hope, success, trust, unity, inspiration and freedom.
Construction of the Statue of Liberty
The Statue of Liberty first built in France during 1875-1884, but later it was shipped to New York City in 1885. A French historian Eouard de Laboulaye declared a proposal for this incredible statue in 1865 and it was accepted of course but the funds were contributed by the French Citizens and construction started to begin in 1875.
The Statue constructed with copper sheets having a weight 225 tons. It shows the lifetime friendships between the two nations France and New York.
Important Facts about the Statue of Liberty
- It represents Roman Goddess.
- The Statue of Liberty’s faces having a same face of artist’s mother.
- The crown’s spikes represent the oceans and continents.
- The Statue changed its lightning in every year 600 times.
- The Statue of Liberty is a gift from France to New York during the American Revolution as it shows mutual desire for liberty.
- There are two more Statue of Liberty is available in France and Paris but in small sizes.
- There is a secret room under the torch of her hand.
Why is the Statue of Liberty green?
The Statue of Liberty exactly made with copper which was in brown colour but due to the oxidation it seems green in colour after 1920 to till now.
Top 20 Tourist Attractions Nearest to Statue of Liberty
- Liberty Island
- One World Trade Center
- Brooklyn Bridge
- 9/11 Memorial and Museum
- Liberty State Park
- The Battery
- Governors Island
- Empire State Building
- Liberty Science Center
- New York City Hall
- Manhattan Bridge
- The Woolworth Building
- Whitney Museum of American Art
- Times Square
- Federal Hall
- Charging Bull
- Castle Clinton National Monument
- New Museum
- One World Observatory
- Prospect Park
Ticket Price and Entry Timing
- For Adults- $ 12
- Senior Citizen- $ 10
- For Children (From 4-12 Year Old) – $ 5
- Entry Timing- 9 am to 6 pm
It is one of the famous tourist attractions as millions of tourist visited this place and found that it is one of the most beautiful places which once at least in a life have to visit. So take this place in your bucket list and next trip must be your next vacation.